This post is mostly a random compilation of thoughts and pictures… just go with it.
I talked a bit two weeks back about changing the way I spend my time. I wanted to do a little update and let you know how things are going!
My two main goals were to spend less time on social media and to take a step back from blogging a bit (funny I’m sitting here typing this). Initially, staying off social media except during times I had designated for myself was really hard. Like I said, I was mindlessly scrolling through Instagram, Facebook, or blogs I follow constantly. Like most anything, the more you practice the better you get. I intentionally leave my phone behind sometimes so I’m not even tempted to get on.
1. I feel more engaged in my life and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on important moments and interactions with REAL people (although I still want to have pictures of Noah ). For instance:
Playing games with Noah on our walks and at the park instead of playing on my phone. I would have missed this laugh…
And this look of determination…
2. I think social media was almost becoming an addiction for me. What if I missed something “important”? What if I offended someone by not liking or commenting on a post? What if I wasn’t aware of everything everyone else was doing??? I had to make friends with “SO WHAT”. And it’s so freeing.
3. I’m actually reading real books, enjoying movies, praying, or simply just sitting and relaxing instead of spending almost all of my free time on the internet. I honestly didn’t realize how much stimulation I was bombarding my brain with!
4. I feel LESS bored. I thought it would be the opposite and I would be wondering what to do with myself. Turns out there are lots of other awesome things going on (especially at donut shops). Who would have thought?
5. I know I’m making changes for the better and setting a good example for my kids. Which really feels good.
1. Have you ever felt like you spend too much time on social media/blogging?
2. How do you maintain a good balance?