I saw this on my friend Brittney’s blog and thought it was pretty fun, so decided to follow suit….
The easiest and truest ways to tell if your baby is a girl or boy Let’s begin!
1. Carrying high or low. If you carry high, it’s more than likely a girl, if you carry low it means it’s a boy: I’m not showing all that much YET. But this pregnancy seems to have started off very similarly to my pregnancy with Noah and that was low! And actually the doctor told me my uterus is growing more wide than up and that’s why I haven’t really started to show. Either way I tend to carry low.
Verdict says: BOY
2. Heart rate: When I went in at 7 weeks we heard the heartbeat at 184. Now it’s closer to 150. Old wives takes say if it’s above 140 it’s a girl, below and it’s a boy. Verdict says: GIRL
3. Acne: if your skin gets worse it’s a girl, if it stays the same it’s a boy. In my case, no doubt about it… Verdict says: GIRL
4 : Cravings. Sweets mean girl, while salty cravings point to boy. Considering I am normally a huge sweet tooth but I could eat chips, Mac and cheese, jalapeño sausage and fried chicken all day long. Did I mention I now drink queso instead of water? Try it… Verdict says: BOY
5. If you have morning sickness, it’s a girl. If you don’t, it’s a boy. I don’t believe this at all… I was deathly ill with Noah and clearly he is not a girl. Same with this one… I have been super nauseous. Verdict says: GIRL
6. Skin: Dry means it’s a boy, smooth means it’s a girl… I always have dryish/reptile like skin. I’m pretty sure it’s because I absolutely hate the feeling of sweating out lotion so I refuse to wear it. I’m strange. Verdict says: BOY
7. Chinese gender chart. I used this with Noah and it predicted boy for him. Same is true for this baby! Verdict says: BOY
8. Leg hair. This is one I haven’t heard before… If your leg hair grows faster while pregnant, it means your baby is a boy, if there’s no change it means it’s a girl. I am not a hairy person in general (aka I shave once a week max, lucky Joe right?) but I haven’t noticed my hair growing any faster (and I doubt I even would…) Verdict says: GIRL
9. Mood. I know I mentioned this previously in a post but my mood is semi out of control haha. One minute I’m fine the next I’m crying looking at Noah’s toy trains thinking how he won’t always ask me to play “choo choo” with him (he always gives me the small train and keeps the big one for himself.) Then I’m biting Joe’s head off for something that’s probably my fault… Wive’s tales say if you’re moody it’s a girl, if you’re not its a boy. Verdict says: GIRL
10. Mother’s instinct. My very strong feeling has been boy! And I’m batting 100% so far! Verdict says: BOY
Well that was super helpful… I’m split right down the middle with 5 girl results and 5 boy. I guess we will know soon!
Which wives tales worked for you when you were pregnant? Was your instinct right?