Last week, Becky from Olives ‘n Wine started a series called Treat Yourself Tuesday. Since I have a passion for self care (and traveled halfway across the country to give a presentation on it over the weekend) I knew the minute I read about it that I wanted to participate! So here it is… my first Treat Yourself Tuesday!
Here are several of the ways I feel I spoiled myself over the past week
1. I never mentioned it on the blog, but Joe and I had a date night last week at the classiest restaurant in town. Dairy Queen! Hey, don’t judge… blizzards have a special place in my soul. I always get caramel with cookie dough unless the flavor of the month is brownie batter (weirdly enough it completely grossed me out when I was pregnant with Noah).
2. The weekend was a HUGE treat being able to travel to a new place, stay in a beautiful hotel, meet amazing women, and learn more about the things we love!
3. This run along the Mississippi. Running in itself is a treat right now! Add beautiful scenery and perfect weather and it was incredible.
4. I didn’t get back until after midnight on Sunday night. When I came in Joe woke up, got out of bed and gave me a huge hug, and told me how happy he was I was home. The real treat was this however and I definitely consumed it at 1 am… Just kidding Joe, you were definitely the better treat
I find that I’m a much better wife, mom, friend, and person in general when I consciously do things for ME! I can’t take care of others when I neglect caring for myself. Make an effort to do something for YOU today
1. If you could have one indulgence for free every week for the rest of your life what would you choose?
2. Am I the only one who eats cupcakes at 1 am?